Sunday, August 2, 2009

Training Run #6

Day 13- I bought new shoes! I went to Run On where they told me my left foot is bigger than my right and I think the salesman was confused by my huge feet (size 10). He kept bringing me shoes that were too small and he looked puzzled that they were too tight. But, in the end I found a good pair of Mizunos.

They're pretty too! So, I went for a run #6 outside in the turbo heat (1 min. run, 2 min. walk, 20 min. total). This was the first run that I actually thought about stopping. I think I need to stop using the treadmill because it's way harder to run on the pavement and I need to get used to that. I'm on vacation until the 25th and that whole time I will not have access to a treadmill which is probably a good thing. My list of pros and cons about treadmills vs. pavement will be posted later. I finished my run and felt awesome. I was really sweaty and didn't realize how hot I was until I stopped. I need to really work on drinking water and staying hydrated especially when I'm running outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment