Monday, August 17, 2009

First setbacks...

Day 21- Long day yesterday followed by a big dinner and a night out on Bourbon. I even played Marco Polo in the pool with Erica and some neighbors. So, today was a lazy Sunday and for the first time I didn't run all three training runs by Sunday.

Day 22- Run # 9 (1.5 min. run, 2.5 min. walk, 20 min. total). Monday, our last full day in New Orleans. I ran all the way down Dauphine and around the french quarter. I'm a little disappointed in myself for not doing the run yesterday, but glad that I still ran and didn't give up.

Day 23- Run #10 (2 min. run, 2 min. walk, 20 min. total). It's Tuesday but I count this as the start of Week 4 since I'm off a day. I was starting to feel sick before the run and not looking forward to driving all the way back to Dallas, but the run made me feel a little better and I was suprised that the increase in time didn't feel like much.

Day 24-Sick.
Day 25-Sick.

Day 26-Left for Colorado. Still not feeling great, but I didn't want to get too off track, so
Run #11 (2 min. run, 2 min. walk, 20 min. total) was completed in the La Quinta in Albuquerque, New Mexico after a full day of driving. I was so proud of myself for doing it despite being sick, tired and being on the most dangerous treadmill ever. The treadmill in the workout room was slippery and the buttons stuck so it would slow down too much and speed up too much. I used the emergency shutoff thingy you clip to your shirt just in case. Got in the hot tub after with my Mom and then we went for Mexican food with my Dad in Old town.

Day 27- Arrived in Telluride, Colorado. The condo is breathtaking. I'm still not feeling great, but I can't think of a better place to be sick. I've been sitting by the fire drinking tea and looking at the mountains.

Day 28- I wanted to do run #12 today and finish week 4, but I just don't feel up to it. If I wasn't coughing and didn't have a fever I would try it anyways but I'm afraid it would make me feel worse. So this week will have to extend until I feel better.

Day 29- Sick, still. But on the upside the mountains are beautiful and I'm getting in some great reading by the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment