Friday, July 31, 2009

Man my shins hurt...

Day 11- Run #4 (1 min. run, 2 min. walk, 20 min. total) It went well. Every time I started walking my shins were really hurting, but it stopped when I ran. I think I need new shoes. Did a 30 min session with David and then hit the hot tub. I've been running on the treadmill because I can go get in the pool right afterwards at the gym.

Day 12- Run #5 (1 min. run, 2 min. walk, 20 min. total) I cancelled my session with David but I still went for a run before work. I was feeling really good and I'm getting excited for my vacation. I may run four times this week if I can get some new shoes and keep the shin splints at bay. On a strange note...Dr. Phil was showing clips from a movie called The Bridge which is a documentary that filmed the Golden Gate bridge 24/7 for a year. Apparently lots and lots of people jump off that thing. After I was done running I walked for a minute to see some of the film clips. One clip was of a photographer saving a girl:
Scroll to about 2min 50 sec.
I would never watch this movie, but that one clip was worth watching.
I sat in the hot tub again trying to heal my shins. Hopefully it'll help.

No comments:

Post a Comment