Saturday, August 8, 2009

Run #8 on Bourbon Street

Day 19- I stayed up too late so I layed around most of the day after taking Mom to her lecture in the morning. Mom and I went to a cocktail party for the Historic New Orleans Collection and then Christine came in around 5 with Ella. She's so cute! She's two and a half months and a very good baby. Christine and I took Ella on a walking dinner tour and she wasn't fussy at all. We started at Muriel's for drinks and appetizers. Then we went to Felix's and stood at the oyster bar for 1/2 dozen. Then we went to the Windsor Court hotel for wine and more appetizers. Our final stop was Arnaud's for dessert and coffee. We didn't have entrees at August as planned because I was so full I didn't think I could walk all the way back if I had anything else! We came back to our apartment and my Mom watched Ella while Christine and I went swimming.

Day 20-Run #8 (1.5 min. run, 2.5 min. walk, 20 min. total). I ran through the French Quarter this morning which was hot, but nice. I had a lot to look at. I ran at 8:45 am and there were people already having cocktails walking down the street. I couldn't tell if they started early or hadn't stopped ffrom last night! It was hard starting out, but I felt great when I finished! Now I'm off to the auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment