Thursday, August 6, 2009

Moved the running to New Orleans!

Day 14- First official day of vacation. It was greatness. Lunch with The Suz at a fantastic Mexican place I worked at a million years ago and then a manicure and pedicure and dinner with my family.
Day 15- Packing and errands and lunch with Josh S. I was so ready to leave for N.O.
Day 16-We left at 6:30 A.M. and got here around 3:30. I drove the whole way, so once we got here I was just excited to be out of the car! Our apartment is awesome and the rooftop pool has a spectacular view of downtown and the French Quarter. We're right on Bourbon so I can walk out the door and go shopping, drinking, eating etc... We had dinner at Pascal Manale's and had BBQ shrimp, shrimp and oyster panroast and fried soft shell crab. Came back to the apartment and put my feet in the pool after.
Day 17-Woke up late , had lunch at Mandinas (which was amazing- shrimp loaf and gumbo). Previewed the auction, bought a wine table for the shop and then went to Whole Foods for groceries. My Aunt Cindy and I went shopping around 6 and we got some fabulous things. New shoes and jewelry for me and some skirts and jackets for her. I introduced her to the cheapness that is Forever 21. After we picked my Mom up and went to Dick and Jenny's for dinner. That's one of my favorite places and it was wonderful.
Day 18-So, today was run #7 (1.5 min. run, 2.5 min. walk, 20 min. total). I wanted to do this yesterday but just didn't feel like it. So, my next two runs will have to be tomorrow and Sunday. When I walked out of our apartment and on the Bourbon I was feeling reluctant, but good. It's super hot here and a very humid, but once I got to the levy there was a nice breeze. The Calliope was so loud I couldn't hear my ipod!
I was running right by all the boats and the aquarium so the scenery was nice. At first I was thinking that it was so hot I should just walk but I didn't want to give up. After the second run interval I was feeling great and starting to enjoy it. I finished and walked back through the Quarter to our apartment. Every bar I walked by had the air conditioning blasting so I got a nice shot of cold air every few steps. I got back in and talked to my Mom about the run and said I couldn't wait to get in the shower. She said, "Why don't you get in the pool?" I had completely forgotten we have a pool! Haha!
So, the run and my swim was a great start to the day. We're off to preview the auction again and do fun things!

No comments:

Post a Comment